Monday, August 11, 2014

Introduction

I've been investing on my own for almost 3 years now. I have basically taught myself how to invest, by way of reading material online about how to invest. For those who want to invest you can usually find information from your broker on how to start with the basics of investing, which is what I did. I use Etrade, but many other online brokers have good educational resources as well, you have to find the best one for yourself based on your needs. 

So for the past 3 years I have been investing in stocks with a little into bonds, but I stopped using bonds for myself as they are not giving me the returns I can get from other things. Almost 2 years ago I started getting into options as a way to increase my yearly returns. I just started using covered calls but eventually got into naked puts as well. These 2 forms of options have increased my yearly returns by a significant margin.

I am always trying to learn new investment options myself as a possible way to increase my returns. As I do learn new things and try them out I will share my thoughts on how the different investments turned out for me on here as well as continuing to write about the investments themselves. 

No comments:

Post a Comment