Monday, August 11, 2014

Omega Healthcare Investments (OHI)

Omega Healthcare Investments (OHI) has performed really well since the beginning of the year. To date the stock is up 27.5%. This is more than the general market. The company leases out real estate for health care, usually long term care facilities and other types of assistant living centers. They are also a REIT. (Refer to my earlier blog to see what a REIT is)

The company has a record of increasing it's dividend every quarter for the past few years. The current dividend is $.51. Which gives you a yield of 5.41% at today's closing price. This increasing dividend will help give the stock and higher price support with the yield. I personally have owned the stock since last December when I bought it at $30 a share. I plan on continuing to hold the stock for as long as the company keeps performing the way it has been. After the last earnings report the company increased their yearly out look. In that same report they beat their earnings estimate. I have been selling put options on this stock for almost as long as I have owned it. It's another way for me to increase my return on the stock with out needing to put more cash into it. I may even buy more of this stock in the near future.

For those investees looking to get into the real estate or healthcare sector this is a stock worth looking into.

No comments:

Post a Comment